Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday

This morning we visited Franklin's church from 8:30 to 10:30. The worship service was charismatic. It was good to worship God with brothers and sisters in Ecuador, but during the long spanish sermon, I thought several times of our church worshiping back home.

It is another mostly cloudy day with a shower every so often. I miss the view of Chimborazo and the surroundig mountains. We hope it is clear when family and friends come and on August 7 for the wedding.

This afternoon we go to Ambato and we will be meeting with one of the pastors to plan the wedding. Also will eat lunch there sometime this afternoon with friends. Plan to go to Banos this evening and hope to spend this next week in Banos taking spanish classes.

Last night, Judy and I spent the night at the ranch where Janelle and Franklin are getting married. Even thugh it was cloudy and rainy at times, it was still a beautiful place. The people living nearby cooked Judy and I a big meal in the outdoor oven. The meal included salmon, sweet corn, potatoes, corn bread, sweet corn bread, rasberry jelley, fresh salad, cactus fruit, passion fruit, peaches, and all types of fresh fruit. They did everything possible to make it one of the most wonderful evenings we've ever had. The ranch is in a remote area near a typical small village.

We miss our friends, family and church back home, but are blessed with so many good friends in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment